Dispensary Support staff must have completed a proficiency test approving them to apply for registration with Pharmacy Council (SAPC) as a learner basic assistant.
A pharmacist’s assistant registered in the category pharmacist’s assistant learner basic; may perform the following services or acts under the direct personal supervision of a pharmacist in a pharmacy:
- The sale of Schedule 1 medicines or scheduled substances.
- Assist with the compounding, manipulation or preparation of a non-sterile medicine or scheduled substance according to a formula and Standard Operating Procedures approved by the responsible pharmacist.
- Assist with the unpacking and merchandising of stock and cleaning of dispensary and OTC shelves approved by the responsible pharmacist.
- Any other duties assigned to them by the Dispensary Manager.
- Learn to accurately interpret scripts and act in a professional and responsible manner and within the legal requirements in accordance with the South African Pharmaceutical Council.
- Grade 12 – Matric or a Senior Certificate with Mathematics (HG), Life Science and or Physical Science and obtained at least an average of 50%
- English and 2nd language – Read, write and speak.
- Time management, deadline driven, dealing with pressure, attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, listening, customer service/focus, problem solving, team player, conflict management, leading by example, accountability, professional conduct, trustworthy and honest.
- Computer, numerical skills.
Closing Date 25 August 2022
FOR MORE RELATED LEARNERSHIPS
APPLY ONLINE HERE